Resources to Help Save Money and Improve Energy Efficiency
DOC sells a variety of energy efficient equipment and can make recommendations to help run your home more efficiently and safely.
Since your heating and cooling system uses more than half of the energy in your home, making a few slight changes in your heating and cooling habits can result in more money in your pocket each month.
- Set your thermostat between 68 to 70 during the cold season and lower the temperature when you go to bed, leave for work or when you are away for an extended period of time.
- Use a programmable thermostat, which you can purchase at your Local DOC Comfort Center.
- Check your air filter every month, especially during the summer and winter, and replace dirty filters that make your system work harder and waste energy.
- Perform a home energy audit, which DOC can do, on your heating and cooling system.
- Have your heating and air conditioning system inspected and cleaned twice a year (spring and fall, preferably) by a licensed DOC technician.
- Use ceiling or portable electric fans in occupied rooms to circulate air and make a room feel warmer or cooler. Heat rises, so fans help distribute the warm air in the colder months.
These are just a few tips to get you started. Listed below are resourceful energy website sites that provide excellent heating and cooling tips, safety tips and information including details on State and Federal Rebates and tax credits.
- Popular Topics
- Tax Credits, Rebates, Savings
- Heating & Cooling
- Industrial Heating & Cooling
- Home Weatherization